When you're involved in a car accident, you may be experiencing horrible fear and be wondering what you should do first. At The Shelnutt Law Firm, our attorneys have discovered some helpful tips for victims of car accidents that we'd like to share with you.
If you're involved in a car accident, here are some tips to ensure you get the help and support you need:
- Call the police -- always contact the police in an accident, even if it seems like it wasn't terribly damaging. Police help control the scene, ensure safety, and document the important details of who was responsible for the accident.
- Ensure that you and your family are safe -- get free from the vehicle if you need to, but ensure that you're doing so in a safe manner.
- Get information from the scene -- collect information from all parties that were involved, take pictures of the accident, gather license plate numbers, and witness statements if available.
- Always visit the doctor -- there are some injuries that can manifest themselves even a month after a car accident, so always seek medical care and never admit to the police or an insurance adjuster that you're not hurt until you know for sure that you aren't.
- Contact an experienced attorney -- our attorneys will help you interface with your insurance company and ensure that the opposing insurance company doesn't deny you coverage.
- Contact your insurance company -- let them know you're working with an attorney and that they can speak with us.
Contact Our Injury Attorneys for Help
At The Shelnutt Law Firm, we've been helping our Gadsden community members for decades. We help you get the coverage and compensation you deserve, so please don't hesitate to contact us by calling 256-547-4988.